The Social Sciences High Performance Computing Cluster facilitates the use of major software packages with substantial resource requirements for research across the Social Sciences.
In this pilot phase, we are looking for projects that will help shape how SSHPCC can best support our users’ unique needs.
Interested UCLA Social Sciences faculty, graduate students, and researchers within the division are welcome to apply for time on SSHPCC via our intake form.
- Analyzing large datasets requiring high performance and large volume storage.
- Parallel processing of complex data or simulations.
- Sharing large amounts of data among multiple researchers within the same team.
- Total compute nodes: 4
- Total compute cores: 512
- Total GPUs: 4
- Total memory: 4TB
- Total flash memory: 3.84TB
- Cluster management: OpenHPC 2.0*
- Operating system: CentOS 8 Linux*
- Scheduler and resource manager: SLURM
- Module Manager: LMOD, Easybuild
- Compilers: GCC 8.3, 9.3, Intel 2019.4.281, 2020.1.217
- Message passing: OpenMPI 3.1.4, 4.0.3, Intel MPI 2018.5.288, 2019.7.217